Thursday, June 24, 2010

When shopping for makeup, would you spend more money on a product line that is significantly better quality?

In other words, would you spend the money...if you knew the product would look better and last longer. Or do you not mind having to re-apply, mid-day?When shopping for makeup, would you spend more money on a product line that is significantly better quality?
Yeah- the cheap stuff doesn't compare to the better makeup. The feel, the smell, the texture, the wear.. nearly all the department store is superior to the drugstore stuff. I find the department store makeup (Estee Lauder, Lancome, Mac, etc.) are pretty comparable- Especially since Estee Lauder now owns most of them! And I do buy drugstore sometimes- nail polish, lip gloss, cleanser. The big deal for me, though, is skincare- moisturizers, repair products, preventive care. I don't buy the very very most expensive, but I do get the best I can afford. Makeup makes you look good for a couple of hours- good skincare makes you look good for always!When shopping for makeup, would you spend more money on a product line that is significantly better quality?
I only buy Chanel, Lancome or Mac. They have better quality make-up that lasts all day long. Lancome for it's foundation and mascara, Chanel for its lip glosses and Mac for it's liner.
I wouldn't buy the cheapest, but I don't go for the real pricey stuff either.
well foundation is really important....but other than that i would get anything that i like - but i usually stick to covergirl and revlon. Once in a while ill get stuff from NYC and wet n wild. NYC's eye pencil is really good
i like estee lauder myself
yesss.
If the product were truly better, I would spend the money. However, just because a product is more expensive, it does not mean it is better than a cheaper version. Some companies just charge more for fancy packaging, slick advertising, and gift with purchases.
Mary Kay skincare products and color cosmetics is the best. It has been the #1 Best Selling Brand for 12 years now. Not all makeup is the same. MK is hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin. Try it for yourself and see. Ask me for free samples. I ship products for free.


www.marykay.com/jeansykes
I go for quality. I mainly use Lancome. Their foundations and powder are great. And their Mascara is the best selling mascara in the USA. More importantly though is skin care. If you don't take care of your skin it will not matter how much you pay for your make-up. Always use a daily moisturizer with at least SPF 15. And I believe in eye cream as much as I believe in oxygen. lol


FYI.........everynight that you sleep in your makeup it ages your skin 7 days.
YES QUALITY MEANS ALOT TO ME
u see the thing is, pretty much all make-up is the same just different prices and diff. packages. i always go 2 walmart or anyother stores like that to buy my make-up. its the same thing as buying exspensive make-up from department stores. if u dont agree go 2 tyrabanksshow.com and go to the show she did on department or drugstore makeup. it makes sense!!
Foundation has to stay allday and eye shadows too but lipstick or eyes liner i dont mind having to re-apply. I actually like to do it.
I would spend money to avoid reapplying, but I've tried a lot of brands, and still usually need touch ups by noon. (MAC and tons of brands from Sephora included. . . .) I think MAC eyeshadow lasts a long time. The thing I have the most trouble with is eyeliner. I would spend twice as much if I could cut my time in half!
Well, not really. I use Maybelline and it's pretty reasonable compared to the other brands like Mary Kay and so on. But I don't have to reapply it anytime during the day. It's stays on from morning when I apply it till night.
I usually buy my makeup at the drug store but i tried sephoras makeup once and you can tell the difference of quality. there lip liner was 14.00 so i dont get it that often but it is the nicest shade of brown plus you can just put it all over your lips and add gloss and its lipstick.
I spend more on foundation, but all the rest of the makeup is the same, no matter the brand.
Yes Yes Yes! Spend the money!


I buy all my make-up from brands like Lancome, MAC, Clinique, and NARS. It works sooo good!
I usually spend around $250 a month on make-up because i don't like to reapply and the brand i buy lasts way longer, but is a little more expensive than others!
Spend your money on Foundation. That's the particular make-up that will look cheap if you go cheap. Unless you have really great skin and no oil problems.





Other than that you can go to a discount store for everything else. I like LashExact by Covergirl, Lip Stick by Wet-N-Wild, Eye Shadows by just about anyone.





The only time you need to spend more money on say eye shadow is if you have problems with your shadow creasing or fading. Then you will need to invest in something a little more expensive.





Go to some counters at the Mall and have them apply make-up early in the day. Pay attention to how it feels, whether it stays on your face, whether you breakout or not, how it looks. Take notes every time you go to a different counter. Then go on-line and contact consultants in your area for Avon, MaryKaye, and Beauticontrol. They will do make-overs for free. Again take notes and pay attention to how it looks and feels throughout an entire day.





Your foundation is the key. I love Beauticontrol's Wet/Dry foundation. I have combo skin and problems with acne and it's the only foundation that has ever felt this good, gone one easily, and stayed all day.
I'll stick with the cheaper stuff, especially because I have this super oily skin, and would need to reapply for that reason, plus I don't mind re-applying. This is just me personally, but I prefer doing $20 on a dress that'll make me feel sexy than on a new lipstick that I wouldn't use everyday.
well i would buy the expensiveone then but i think they all work the sam they just cost more i heard if u use sun screen before applying foundation ur makeup will lost way longer than if u had applied it alone so maybe u should keep using the one u use but apply sunscreen before see if it works

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration