Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What is a good makeup line for 12 year olds?

my granddaughter is 12 and wants to wear make up to school, which i think is nuts because its clogging her pores and she is getting pimples. she wears an orange tint that looks bad but my daughter allows it. iam surprised schools allow 12 year olds to show up wearing make up but it seems that grammar school kids at least a small percentage of them run the show at home so it doesn't matter what the school says. too bad . they should bring back nuns at schoolsWhat is a good makeup line for 12 year olds?
she is your daughter and if you dont want her wearing make up you should have authority to say no.. in my opinion she is too young as well. i am 16 years old and i recently began to wear make up ... and very little of it... i think she should wait until.. at her age.. her skin must be sooo smooth and she has no need to ruin it... a bit of lip gloss should do her good for now... i used lip gloss for a long as i can remember... and thats what young girls like her should be using... best wishes... *Victoria Secret %26amp; MAC lipglosses are great!*What is a good makeup line for 12 year olds?
its her grand daughter.. Report Abuse

bare minerals is a good foundation, it's powder and doesn't clog pores.
Yea, thats ridiculous. Dont buy her makeup, then you will only be encouraging her.
I don't think that 12 is necessarily too young to start wearing makeup.. IF it is kept natural.





Your granddaughter should actually be wearing a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 to protect her skin every day. Try Neutrogena or Covergirl, they have natural tones (no more orange!) and blend easily, perfect for beginners.





As far as other makeup, she should be sticking to the most natural look possible. Try Neutrogena Lash Tint (a very natural pigment that will only tint her lashes- barely noticable) and some clear lip balm (try SoftLips- it comes in cherry and vanilla flavors, SPF 15, and imparts a gentle sheen). Stop there and she'll look beautiful and natural (and be protected from the sun).





I know that it's hard to watch this generation grow up faster and faster, but I'm sure that you had spats with your parents back in the day too. Hopefully, your granddaughter will find her own best look through trial and error (and gentle family guidance).
wth 12 year olds should be focusing on school, if they want to wear makeup that means their mind is somewhere else! not good!
there are a lot of makeup companies that supply make up for problem skin for teens!


light colors on the eyes will be best with sparkle and flavor lip gloss over natural lip colors is a good start.


no more chapped lips in the cold.





grandmothers need to be supportive for the young ladies to be. help with the desicions the girls make, don't do it completely for them. give them choices to make between A, B, + C. don't let the young ladies make the total choice on their own.


go shopping with them, grandma is the biggest plus in a girls life so be in the picture, not out of it. believe me, you'll be the best.


....and lunch after, make it a date!
Anything by Raven Symone ...... or anything they sell at those little girl stores at the mall like Claire's or Icing. Don't dicourage her from wearing makeup at all. It will only want to make her wear more and more later in life because she never got her chance to taste what makeup felt like. My grandmother let my brother's aunt wear makeup and stuff when she was 7 because she knew she'd get over it. Now my dad's sister hardly even needs or wants to wear makeup.
N.Y.C. is a great line for 12 year olds. it is very cheap and can be found at walmart/ target.


they have fun colors that twelve year olds like.








hope this helps!
Hilary Duff, or Mary-Kate %26amp; Ashley, or and brand like that
buy her makeup that is better for 12 year olds like stuff that you would find at k mart or something (not orange) just tell her that its important that she washes all makeup off before she goes to bed its normal for 12 yearolds to wear makeup i started wearin makeup at 12 too its normal
well i guess her wanting to wear make up could be a sign that she wants tog feel more mature and perhaps fitting in, but it isnt any of my buisness. i dont know really much specific brands but i guess she should go with just skin colors and lipgloss. I mean with too much make up you dont want to look like a clown or that you are trying too hard do you? Hope this helps!
I started wearing make-up at 12, maybe 12 1/2,


and I only used a tinted moisturiser in my skin tone,


and I used concealer for my eye shadow and to cover


those circles in the morning, I wore clear mascara,


I wore clear lip gloss and I used chapstick b4 I put it on,


Then I used a very fair pink blush with a very big powder


brush. I hope this helps you a bunch.


I very rarely used bronzer,because it


usally turned my skin orange and I didn't like it for that.


Make sure she spends plenty of time on sites such as


Covergirl.com to get make-up application tips,and they'll


also help her finder her shades.


I been doin that since then,it's really helped me out!


Since then pple have been askin me how I got to b


such a make-up expert and advicer!


I tell them my secrets, they say:';Really?!'; You did that?!';


I say: ';Sure,did.';


I tell them what they can do


to help themselves and they thank me.


So, try letting her do like me and you'll b pleased.


I promise ya.


This is the bare TRUTH.


-Sarah





Ps. I'll b 19 on Oct.4th,2007.
It is a pretty poor choice that your granddaughter and your daughter are making. I think that 12 year olds should only wear lipgloss, a bit of eyeshadow or mascara. Thats it. Their skin isn't meant to be damaged by all the oils that can be in makeup these days. I say, go to the makeup section in Target, etc and look for smackers or dottie loves..... Hope this helps!
mabiline, but usually all make up is going to clogg your pores so a good face and make up wash would really help
12 is a young age but then if all their friends are wearing it then she will want to as well so its pretty hard to stop. If you say no they will only apply it when they get to school or whatever anyway!





Brands like Rimmel or collection 2000 are good make up brands for younger girls. As they are cheap and affordable on pokcet money etc.





They are quite good products too even thou they are the cheaper end of the market. Maybe just a light face powder if she wants to wear stuff on her face. OR just a concerler stick.


Maybe you could try and persaude her to wear clear mascara, clear lip gloss etc then she will feel made up but not look so made up.





When I was at school us girls would all want to wear lilac eye shadow everyone wore it just because everyone else did etc... silly really but I guess theres no harm in it.
You should Try Arbonne products. All of the products a natural. go to www.arbonne.com and if you want to be something you can use my conslutants ID: 16301108.
I'm 13..and everyone my age and younger at my school wears makeup too!! makeup is fun and girly..it's part of growing up..and when your grandaughter gets older she'll wonder why she wore it.. [just as I probably will!!] but i really suggest bare minerals. It is made from all natural ingredients and will not clog pores and cause pimples. It looks very natural..so it will not look like she has a bunch of fake, orangy, goopy stuff on her face..but at the same time it covers well. You dont even have to go out to a department store to get it..just go to www.qvc.com and type in bare minerals. Decide together what makeup she wants..and they can send it to straight to her door step!! I hope I helped!!
12 year old skin is still supple. please stress the importance of how makeup is used to enhance beauty not cover it up. maybe just a little bit of gloss and curlash. if her skin is oily then she should try some oil blot paper or film not face powder or foundation-none of that. the trick is probably telling her she aint doin it right and it looks inappropriate because the color doesnt even match her skin. tell her that its okay to want to look good but at her age preteens/teens are prone to acne so shes just perpetuating the whole thing by adding more gunk to her skin. i would probably suspend her allowance if she defies me(my opinion anyway) its normal that shes getting into the girly thing so maybe its best to respect her preteen angsty coming of age thing but not by giving in to her. maybe you should plan a trip to the salon and get your nails done and have a three generation bonding day. she will feel grown up but she will be reminded that she still is a kid when her mom picks up the tab.





ps


all makeup is harmful to the skin when not taken care of and removed properly. if all else fails try hypoallergenic and gentle brands like clinique and neutrogena might be better to young skin








pps


i just remembered this from my childhood. try bonne bell products. they have lip balms and colors with moisture. the product comes in a chap stick like packaging. they have colorless balm and some lightly colored all with nice flavors. bonne bell caters to young girls and preteens
I am twelve and I wear makeup, I use origins foundation, and it is all natural and doesn't give you zits. Maybe a little bit of glitter, brown or clear mascara, and lip gloss would be good. It's not too young to start wearing makeup when you're twelve. My friend isn't allowed to wear mascara, so whenever she can she puts on too much. So don't tell her she can't wear makeup, or that will just drive her to wear more. I use covergirl a lot, and I like it.
There is none specifically for 12 year olds, but she can use BareMinerals makeup line. Its good because its natural and doesnt clog pore. AND it isnt all bright and tacky.
Well, i started wearing make-up at the age of twelve too. But, my mom watched me put it on and how i did it. My make up was very very light. Nude color and shiny eyeshadow, mascara, lipgloss, was the only thing i wore then. So, i think its not bad that she wears makeup. She just needs to know HOW to wear it.
well schools can't tell you to wear makeup or not....and yes, it is true 12 years old shouldn;'t be wearing any makeup---she is just messing up her nice smooth skin---but if she really insists, i would say Smackers or maybe covergirl....smackers is prolly better
If your daughter is going to continue to permit your granddaughter to wear make-up, purchase one that targets acne. I agree, a 12 year old should NOT be wearing make-up, However, to keep the peace, buy one that will contribute to the prevention,maintenance and healing of break-outs. There is a wide variety of make-up on the market, that specialize in products for problem skin. You can purchase products from places as easily as your local drug store, to the biggest department stores. A great make-up, is Almay. They have been around for many years and can be purchased in your local drug store. Almay has kits you can purchase for a total skin regiment. I am suggesting this line, because, it is recommended by dermatologists, is relatively inexpensive, and most importantly, does what it claims.Many years ago, my dermatologist recommended Almay, I had great success, and still use their products. You could go pricey, to the high end lines, but at 12 years old, Almay gets my vote and $$$.
if she is really that attached to it, then buy her very light makeup.
  • myspace code
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    domain name registration